Today will be the First Issue of the Monthly issue of DentoFactoids, where each month I will add a funny pictures and some dental facts (AKA Dentofactoids) that might seem at first hilarious yet are based on true studies, so enjoy your monthly does of the Dentofactoids.
- Say cheese! The calcium and phosphorous found in cheese is healthy for your teeth – it reduces the pH level in plaque and re-mineralizes the enamel.
- 60% of people who don’t know that a sore jaw, when combined with chest pain, can signal a heart attack-especially in women.
- A person’s set of teeth is unique much like their fingerprints. Even identical twins do not have exactly the same set of teeth. Did you know that your tongue print is also unique?
- The average woman smiles about 62 times a day! A man? Only 8! Kids laugh around 400 times a day. Adults… just 15.
- Academy of General dentistry, the average person only brushes for 45 to 70 seconds a day, the recommended amount of time is 2-3 minutes.
- If you’re right handed, you will chew your food on your right side. If you’re left handed, you will tend to chew your food on your left side.
- 50% consider the smile the first facial feature they notice.
- 80% are not happy with their smile.
- 83% of people believe their teeth are more important to their appearance than hair and eyes.
- 33% of Americans have untreated tooth decay.
OziDent Members Only
The rest of article is viewable only to site members,Please Register and/ or Confirm registration via EmailHere.If you are an existing user, please login.