In this case report by OrthoFree.com‘s Dr. O. Sandid, he describes breifly a case he handled of 8 year female patient suffering with Class II Division 1 Malocclusion.
Class II Division 1 malocclusion
- Patient Information: 8 Year Old Female.
- Patient Concerns: Aesthetic and Functional Concerns.
- Class II Division 1 malocclusion.
- Mixed dentition.
- Maxillary protrusion.
- Lingual interposition.
- Primary swallowing.
- Open bite.
- Thumb sucking.
- Anterior diastema.
- Appliance: Frankel
- Duration: 1 Year
- Frankel appliance is also known as vestibular appliance , oral gymnastic appliance develop by professor “ROLF FRANKLE” of Germany(1966). IT is a myofunctional appliance.
- It is designed to hold away the muscle (buccal and labial) from the dentition , so that the dentoalveolar structure are free to develop. In addition, it acts as an exercise device that aids in correction of abnormal period muscle function.
OziDent Members Only
The rest of article is viewable only to site members,Please Register Here. If you are an existing user, please login.