In this case report by OrthoFree.com‘s Dr. O. Sandid, he describes breifly a case he handled of 8 year female patient suffering with Class II Division 1 Malocclusion.
Class II Division 1 malocclusion
- Patient Information: 8 Year Old Female.
- Patient Concerns: Aesthetic and Functional Concerns.
[divider scroll_text=””] Diagnosis
- Class II Division 1 malocclusion.
- Mixed dentition.
- Maxillary protrusion.
- Lingual interposition.
- Primary swallowing.
- Open bite.
- Thumb sucking.
- Anterior diastema.
[divider scroll_text=””] Photography
[divider scroll_text=””] Radiograph
[divider scroll_text=””] Treatment Phase
- Appliance: Frankel
- Duration: 1 Year
- Frankel appliance is also known as vestibular appliance , oral gymnastic appliance develop by professor “ROLF FRANKLE” of Germany(1966). IT is a myofunctional appliance.
- It is designed to hold away the muscle (buccal and labial) from the dentition , so that the dentoalveolar structure are free to develop. In addition, it acts as an exercise device that aids in correction of abnormal period muscle function.
[divider scroll_text=””] Post-Treatment
[divider scroll_text=””] Sources
OziDent Members Only
The rest of article is viewable only to site members,Please Register Here.If you are an existing user, please login.