- Computerized Radiography is more sufficient then the inferior to traditional Radiography, but in some case the traditional were more accurate.
- Nowadays with better software and instruments, it is possible to gain different objective measurements from the different grades of tooth radioluscent lesions and visualize it on the screen.
- Radiography is very useful for diagnosing Inter proximal caries.
- Fast analysis and preparation of large amounts of records for the computer.
- High sensitivity and Accuracy (up to 1024 grey levels) for better peripheral structure definition.
- Computers give the ability to manipulate the images digitally.
- No processing.
- Low exposure time.
- When the digital images are enhanced on the monitor it is shown with a lower quality compared to the original images.
- Area of interest is still mostly subjective decision depending on the observer’s judgments.
- Possible errors during transfer of data.
- Very expensive.
- The digital result usefulness is limited by measurement errors “which is because its based on subjective decisions and there isn’t error elimination by the computer”.
OziDent Members Only
The rest of article is viewable only to site members,Please Register and/ or Confirm registration via EmailHere.If you are an existing user, please login.