Ulcers 2nd to Chemotherapy
the ulcers by be due to direct or indirect effect of Chemotherapy.
- Direct: It interferes with replication and growth of the oral epithelium.
- Indirect: Depressed bone marrow formationLeukopenialiability for bacterial, viral and fungal infectionOral ulcer.
- Ulcers are large, deep, and irregular.
- Necrotic and foal odor.
- Not surrounded by inflammatory halo.
- Heals within two weeks after stopping Chemotherapy.
- MIU Research Paper by Dr. Mohsen S. Ozaibi in 2008.
- Chemotherapy Advisor.
OziDent Members Only
The rest of article is viewable only to site members,Please Register and/ or Confirm registration via EmailHere.If you are an existing user, please login.