In this article, we list the most comprehensive and complete sources to study for the Prometric dental exam based on the each GCC Dental license exam criteria.
Book Sources for Prometric Dental License Exam
- Head and neck anatomy: Clinical anatomy by R.S.Snell
- Pharmacology: Pharmacology and Therapeutics for Dentistry, 6th ed. By John Yagiela
- Oral Pathology: Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology, 3rd ed. By Brad Neville
- Oral Biology: Ten Cate’s Oral Histology: Development, Structure and function, 8th ed.
- Oral Radiology: Oral Radiology: Principles and Interpretation, 6th ed. by Stuart White
- Pediatric: Dentistry for the Child and Adolescent, 9th ed. By Jeffrey Dean
- Management of Compromised Patients: Little and Falace’s Dental Management of the Medically Compromised Patient, 8th ed. By James W. Little, Donald A. Falace and
- Orthodontics: An Introduction to Orthodontics, 4th By Laura Mitchell
- Periodontics: Carranza’s Clinical Periodontology, 11th ed. By Michael Newman
- Dental Public Health & Community Dentistry: Dentistry, Dental Practice, and the Community 6th ed. By Brian Burt
- Dental Anatomy and Occlusion: Dental Anatomy Wheeler’s Dental Anatomy, Physiology, and Occlusion, 8th ed. By Stanley Nelson and Major Ash / Saunders
- Operative Dentistry: Sturdevant’s Art and Science of Operative Dentistry, 5th ed. By Theodore Robertson
- Endodontics: Pathways of the Pulp, 11th ed. By Stephen Cohen
- Dental Biomaterials: Craig’s Restorative Dental Materials, 13th ed. By Ronald Sakaguchi
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery: Contemporary Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, 6th ed. By James Hupp
- Prosthodontics: Fixed Prosthodontics Contemporary Fixed Prosthodontics, 4th ed. By Stephen Rosenstiel.
- Prosthodontics: Removable Prosthodontics McCracken’s removable partial Prosthodontics, 11th ed. By Alan B Carry
- Prosthodontics: Complete Denture: Textbook of Complete Dentures, 6th By Arthur Rahn.
- Infection Control/Patient: safety Basic Guide to Infection Prevention and Control in Dentistry. 2009 by CDC
- Infection Control/Patient: Guidelines for infection control in dental healthcare settings-2003 by Caroline L. Pankhurst
- Dental Public Health: Dentistry, Dental Practice, and the community. 6th Ed 2005 by Burt AB Company.
- Local anesthesia and oral facial pain: Handbook of Local Anesthesia 2004 by Stanley F. Malamed
- Bioethics, professionalism, behavioral science: Professionalism and Ethics Handbook for Residents Practical guide By Dr. Abdulaziz Fahad Al-Kaabba.
Imporntant Notice: The exams aren’t based on theses completely and some questions might be outside these sources. Again these are the listed by the approiate health authroty for each GCC country. Good Luck.